Part-time Management Accountant - (24-30 hours)
We have a unique opportunity for a Management Accountant to join one of the oldest and most established talent consulting brands in the business.
Victoria, London, UK
Norman Broadbent is a well-recognised, established brand with 40 years of heritage and success. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we now operate as a highly relevant Professional Services firm in the senior-level Talent Acquisition and Advisory space.
We have five complementary service lines:
- Leadership and Board Search
- Leadership Assessment & Consulting
- Executive-Level Solutions, focussing on ‘Next Generation Talent’ and ‘Future Leaders’
- Interim Executive Management
- Research & Insight
Overall Purpose of the Role
Responsible for the preparation and presentation of key financial information to the Board and the Executive Management Committee. Ensure that the reporting process is well-controlled, efficient, and is of high quality and that the Board and Executive Management Committee are provided with accurate and pertinent information on business performance, with relevant commentary and analysis.
- Manage the functional reporting of the primary trading subsidiaries within the Group
- Manage the relationship with our invoice discounting facility provider
- Work closely with the Group CFO to support fundraising, covenant monitoring and management, and M&A activities as appropriate
- Ensure the business maintains and adheres to appropriate internal controls
- Cash-flow and working capital management for the Group, including preparation of detailed short and long term cash flows for each subsidiary within the Group.
- Lead preparation of consolidated Group results (interim and year end)
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Develop detailed monthly management reporting to tight timescales
- Implement KPI’s to monitor business performance (particularly sales) and to drive forward efficiency and margin improvements
- Provide monthly review of financial results and Board reporting
- Provide comprehensive commentary on the monthly performance of group operations against budget and forecast
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or Qualified by Experience
- 3+ years post qualification experience gained in the recruitment sector preferable (executive search, contingent recruitment, contract recruitment)
- Advanced Microsoft Navision essential
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word essential
- Previous experience of preparing management accounts and leading the year end audit process
£66k FTE. This role will be a part time role, between 24 – 30 hours per week.