Technician - Music
We have great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Technician to become a key member of our Performing Arts department.
As a Technician, you will play a key part in supporting the success of our students through:
- Providing high level of technical support for FE and HE students and teaching staff in all areas of music and music technology
- Liaising with AD and teaching staff for day to day operational duties
- Liaising with and support HE students for research-based learning activities in specialist music technology studios
Our ideal candidates will have experience in installation and maintenance of recording studio and MIDI sequencing studio equipment and experience of soldering skills for cable maintenance and production, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4 qualification in music technology
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and Mathematics at Level 2 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
40 hours per week (0.88 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
25 holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.