Senior Social Worker - Long Term Child Protection
Pixel Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Social Worker to join the Long Term Children's Service based in Wokingham Borough Council. Excellent rates of pay on offer up to £34.81 per hour dependent upon experience.
Experienced children's social worker for long term teams, Brambles in Wokingham and Ambleside in Woodley. Must have experience of child protection, child in need and court work.
Hold key-worker responsibility for a caseload of children and young people who are:
- ‘in need’ or
- “looked after” by the Council or
- subject to a child protection plan
- Commensurate with the post holder’s level of knowledge, experience and skill to manage complexity, risk and responsibility.
- Receive referrals and ensure that appropriate and timely action is taken, in accordance with Wokingham’s child protection procedures.
- Carry out thorough assessments, including section 47 enquiries, within set time scales.
- Ensure that all information is regularly updated on both electronic and paper systems.
- Ensure that all work carried out is in accordance with the requirements of the performance management structure and guidelines
- Ensure the family, child and carer are involved where possible in all decision making and information sharing , working in a person-centred way (including addressing cultural and communication needs) ensuring choices and aspirations are acknowledged and that a professional and respectful response is given to all service users, colleagues and partnership workers at all times.
- Participate in appropriate activities and learning to develop own professional expertise, and develop and improve services, maintaining up to date knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements and good practice.
- At all times, to promote and safeguard the welfare of children who live or access services in, or who are looked after by, Wokingham Borough Council.
- Social Work Qualification
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Registered social worker with the HCPC
Benefits of working with Pixel:
- Your own dedicated & experienced consultant
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme - Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed for free upon registering
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Pixel Personnel have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme.