Commis Waiter - 5 Jumeirah Carlton Tower
About JumeirahJumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts including the flagship Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts manages properties in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE, and Kuwait in the Middle East; Frankfurt, London and Mallorca (Spain) in Europe; the Maldives and Shanghai in Asia. Jumeirah Group also operates the new upscale-casual brand, Zabeel House by JumeirahTM and runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM with properties in London and Dubai; the wellness brand TaliseTM; Jumeirah Restaurant Group DubaiTM; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality ManagementTM; Jumeirah SiriusTM, its global loyalty programme; and isme by Jumeirah™ an app based rewards programme in the UAE. Future openings include luxury hotels in the UAE, Bahrain, Indonesia, China, Oman, Jordan, Malaysia and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. http://www.jumeirah.com/ Jumeirah Carlton Tower, situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, is a landmark hotel acknowledged as one of London’s finest. The hotel is noted for its fine dining, exclusive Peak Health Club & Spa and enviable location off Sloane Street – the Capital’s most fashionable shopping area. Jumeirah Carlton Tower offers 216 rooms and suites, individually styled with a calm and contemporary feel, together with world-class dining in Chinoiserie and The Club Room. About the job: An opportunity has arisen for a Waiter to join The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant team here at Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel.The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
Excellent level of English Be friendly, approachable and professional A passion for customer service Previous experience in a similar roleAbout the Benefits:Benefits for the successful Waiter include: Meals on duty Dry cleaning 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays Interest free season ticket loan Jumeirah hotel accommodation discounts Company reward and recognition schemes Childcare support Dental cover Company pension plan Excellent training and development opportunities See description
- To ensure that all guests are correctly and speedily logged and processed in the most courteous way.
- To have a good knowledge of the menu and styles of service.
- To take food and beverage orders efficiently and professionally ensuring all information are correct.
- To be fully conversant with the table lay-up and mise-en-place prior to, during and after service.
- To actively assist the Senior Waiter in the service of food, beverage and tobacco.
- To promote a good team spirit and good relationship within the restaurant and kitchen brigades.
- To undertake cashiering duties and take responsibility for the recording of all items on bills, process payments and adhere to correct credit policies.
- To be familiar with and implement any relevant legislation i.e. liquor licensing.
- To inform supervisors of all guest comments and requirements that cannot be resolved immediately.
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.