Social Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Thurrock - £28ph
Social Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Thurrock - £28 per hour
My Client requires an experienced Adults Learning Disabilities Social Worker to join their Learning Disabilities Team in a supportive and well-connected team in Thurrock.
They ideally need candidates with strong learning disabilities experience and someone who is able to work autonomously.
Benefits as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
- Manageable and diverse caseload
- Great Team
- Good location
Duties as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
- To support the caseload of the most sensitive and complex cases involving work with the most vulnerable client groups- this may be disabled young people
- To work closely with Education, Health and other organisations to effectively contribute to the Preparing for adulthood agenda
- To work with colleagues and other professionals in a range of organisations to develop a service that provides the best possible social care services and to meet the aspiration's and outcomes of vulnerable young people
- To represent the Department in discussions with other agencies at the discretion of senior management
- To participate in decisions about management and systems relating to the development of the team
- To undertake professional supervision of support planners
- To participate in the day-to-day responsibility for professional decisions made at the point of referral and crisis management
- To be committed to and participate in electronic recording and processing of information
- To demonstrate the highest standards of practice ability and skills and to work independently within Department policy and procedures
- To actively promote the support planning service with service users, colleagues and other staff within and outside the Department
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to and implemented where necessary
- To effectively manage case load of young people and attend EHC planning meetings as assigned by the team manager.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.