The Activate Learning group is comprised of secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy, international, commercial business and social enterprise. These learning organisations are united by a common purpose: to transform lives through learning.
We are looking to recruit a variable hours Maths teacher to run a pre GCSE group. This role will be based in Reading for 25 weeks.
Planning & organising
- Teach, train and assess students and other client groups to quality standards set by the College, acting as course tutor to full-time and part-time groups and other student and trainees with the associated organisation, administration, and monitoring of attendance including the collection of data for course evaluation.
- Monitor and support students’ academic progress, including collection and follow up on attendance and punctuality, early leaver and destinations data,
- Participate in demonstrations and practical activities with students and trainees on all courses.
Communicating and Coaching
- Counsel students and maintain discipline as required.
Teamwork & team development
- Work as part of a team within your Faculty, participating in student recruitment, including interviewing, attendance at shows and careers conventions, open days and other events, and attend team and college meetings and undertake staff development activities.
- Undertake any other duties as required and would be reasonably expected commensurate with the post. This may include either the temporary or permanent re-deployment to an equivalent grade or post within the organisation.
Compliance and quality management
- Comply with course administrative requirements, keeping records of work, schemes of work, lesson plans, assessment schedules, registers, and student details.
- Participate in Internal Verification; contribute to target setting, RAGG ratings and auditing monitoring processes.
- Accompany students on visits, field trips and similar activities in line with the College’s policy and code of practice for educational visits.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety legislation is observed, including completion and adherence to risk assessments, COSHH assessments and Accident reports.
Innovation & development
- Participate in curriculum development meet the needs of changing industrial demand and curriculum planning.
Environment and Culture
- To ensure that all learners, parents and colleagues receive exemplary service and attention at all times.
Any person offered a position will be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Activate Learning are committed to employing disabled people and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. We guarantee to offer an interview to all applicants with a disability provided they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required and support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work. If you require an accessible format please contact us.