Faculty Director - Creative, Media, Business and Computing
1. To deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment, and student success through outstanding leadership and management of provision in the Creative, Media, Business and Computing areas.
2. To deliver key outcomes in regard to student success that meets the college’s strategic vision, operational objectives and quality improvement plan for the Faculty.
3. To provide excellent leadership and management to a range of curriculum areas through focused business, quality improvement and curriculum planning.
4. To lead a high performing team of staff and support the team’s development through Personal Development Reviews, target setting, performance management and professional development.
5. To line manage a team of curriculum managers and ensure the provision of vocational pathways, that are highly responsive, cost effective and high quality in line with the college’s curriculum and skills growth strategy.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
1. To ensure that curriculum teams are highly effective in supporting student recruitment, progression and success and deliver to student targets and the Curriculum Strategy and Education and Skills Plan.
2. To provide vocational, technical and professional pathways that meet local employment needs and support strong student progression and destination data.
3. To ensure strong employer engagement in designing appropriate skills training across designated areas of responsibility.
4. To ensure full compliance and strong management discipline in regard to college process and procedures and deadlines.
5. To work proactively with a range of stakeholders to ensure highly responsive specialist skills pathways are in place across a range of levels and funding streams.
6. To develop strong vocational teams with high quality teaching, learning and assessment and strong student outcomes.
7. To grow and develop provision across key funding streams and markets.
8. Lead on the delivery of high quality vocationally relevant skills training across provision including sub-contracting and partnerships across specialist area.
9. To Lead managers in delivering specialist training across a range of funding streams including 16-18, 19+, FCR, HE, Apprenticeships.
10. Act as centre lead for designated campus supporting managers across all areas.
11. To lead areas of responsibility ensuring high quality provision as outlined in the Ofsted Common inspection handbook, higher education QAA and other appropriate regulatory bodies.
12. Ensure provision is delivered in an efficient way demonstrating good return on investment and value for money.
13. Ensuring the college’s reputation for vocational, technical and professional skills training is highly regarded by key stakeholders and recognised as a centre of excellence across the region.
14. To work across sites in the role providing leadership across the campuses. The role will have duty management duties and provide director level support at the campuses.