Senior Occupational Therapist
Senior Occupational Therapist
Full/Part/Term Time: Full Time
Job Category: Social Work
Salary: 30,001 - 40,000
Closing date: 07/12/2018
Havering is a great place to work, with a vibrant culture, innovative approach and just a short train ride from Westfield Stratford Shopping Centre and the Olympic Park. Our Adult Social Care service is a real pioneer of progress: the first joint MASH in London; leading the way on integrated Health and Social Care teams; excellence in joint work between our partners in Health and our Learning Disability and Mental Health Services - to name but a few. We are currently implementing better living practice model, based on 3 conversations. Havering is leading the North East London Social Work teaching partnership.
About the Job
The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Support the Team Manager to effectively lead, support and develop the team.
- Directly manage a small number of staff.
- Develop encourage and maintain high professional standards.
- Undertake supervision and support with members of staff.
- Ensure effective communication within the team and with colleagues inside and outside the organisation.
- Ensure that the team meets performance requirements and outcomes.
- Qualified Occupational Therapist and current Registration with HCPC
- Recent post qualification study.
- Evidence of appropriate CPD.
- Experience of working with Adult service users and Carers
- Experience of supervision of staff and/or students
- Experience of managing complex cases and risk assessment.
- Experience of safeguarding work including Mental Capacity.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary interagency basis and ability to negotiate on behalf of customers.
- Experience of own professional development
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please note the CV's will not be accepted
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
To apply for this role online please click the 'apply' button.
For any further information on the role please contact Jackie Dale on Jackie.Dale@havering.gov.uk or 01708 432957
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th December.
Interviews will be held 12th and 14th of December.