Lecturer - English
Lecturer – English (GCSE & Functional Skills)
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering & Corby campus for a Lecturer - English to become a key member of our Business/Computing & Science department.
As a Lecturer - English, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- To prepare, deliver and assess English on a range of courses and levels.
- To contribute pro-actively to developments in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- To manage students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing at Level 2 and above English courses and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or level 5 qualification in English
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
The salary range for this post is £20,500 to £39,042 per annum. Qualified lecturers will achieve a minimum salary of £25,500 per annum
35 days holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 7th December 2018.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.