Experienced Children's Social Workers - Staying p
Salary from £29,017 to £41,096 (included within current salary bracket is market supplements of £796 to £3,044 per year)
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, HCPC registration, references & health check.
You must be able to travel throughout the country including to locations that are not always accessible by public transport.
We’re working together as one professional team, in an environment based on high challenge and high support, creating more positive outcomes for the children and families in our care. As a leadership team we will stand at your side, supporting you every step of the way
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fostering team that covers the North of the county. As part of a supportive team, you will assess, supervise and train foster carers in order to support foster carers achieve best outcomes for children looked after. You will have opportunities to get involved in developing the service as our aim is to move towards becoming a centre of excellence for Fostering and Adoption. Knowledge of family placement practice and legislation is essential. You are also expected to work within organisational, policy and legislative requirements. You will act as a professional representative for the service by working with a focus on delivering services to those people who access or need the service, acting with integrity, professionalism and respect on behalf of the organisation, ensuring at all times that the needs of children are paramount. In return you will receive regular supervision and training in order to help develop your skills and knowledge in fostering.
What we offer
We have just completed a pay review and now offer a market supplement to ensure a competitive basic salary. We know it’s not all about money though, so we also offer:
- Small teams groups of social workers, managed by a Practice Manager, supported by Advanced Practitioners
- Group supervision and peer learning, supported by the Principle Social Worker CIN (Child In Need) specialist roles within the assessment team allowing focus on these most vulnerable children.
- CPD and training, minimum of 5 days per year, with continued focus on developing the range of training for all roles and highlighting team members’ strengths and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Posts may be eligible for relocation allowance subject to conditions.
- Access to excellent learning and development provision
If you would like to talk to someone about this role contact Melanie Spencer Group Manager Tel: 07834 729653 Email:
Melanie.Spencer@westsussex.gov.uk or Adrian Rutledge Practice Manager Email: Adrian.Rutledge@westsussex.gov.uk
To apply upload your CV and covering letter explaining what makes you a great Social Worker and the skills you can bring to the role. Where you are submitting a CV as your application, the following information is mandatory: All employment and precise dates must be included. (Any gaps must be explained if you are selected for interview).