HMP Rye Hill is situated in the village of Willougby, near Rugby, in Warwickshire. A PFI prison which opened in 2001, it is a category “B” training prison, acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s). The capacity of the prison is 625. Our Health Care department are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Clinical Lead to join their team.
- Coordinate care pathways, liaising between the primary and secondary services.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- Facilitate the provision of health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Ensure relevant documentation in completed by all staff in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all staff operate in accordance with the NMC Code Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice.
- Control and coordinate effective operational management of the clinical team.
- Management supervision of senior nursing staff.
- Undertake bi annual Employee Development Reviews (EDR) for the clinical team.
- Lead on the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Ensure the process of clinical supervision is supported within the workplace.
- Coach, support and motivate all staff to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of service delivery.
- To support innovation and training within healthcare services.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with legislation and current best practice.
- Operate in accordance with G4S company values, ensuring ethical and professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate healthcare service.
- Attend quarterly Partnership Board meetings (comprising customer / key stakeholders in the healthcare service), producing and presenting appropriate agreed reports.
- Monitor and evaluate management information and key performance indicators to maintain and enhance service delivery.
- Working with the health and safety team to assist in the maintenance of nationally recognised audits.
- Be prepared to undertake training and development appropriate to role.
- Carry out investigations and disciplinary hearing as agreed with your Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse.
- Part 1 NMC registration.
- Experience of leading and working within a team.
- Evidence of managerial experience.
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy.
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice.
- Able to analyse and interpret management information.
- Manage challenging and complex situations.
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people.
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of leading a project on innovation or change
- Experience of leading on an area of training or development.
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Driving Licence.
Apply for this job