Registered General Nurse
- Full Time
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the detention environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional standards and G4S policies and procedures.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager
All information obtained in the course of the post holder’s duties should be treated as strictly confidential. Any breach of confidence or disclosure of such information, without express permission, may lead to disciplinary action. The post holder has a responsibility to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Code of Practice on Confidentiality.
The duties of this post are a guide to the range of responsibilities that may be required. These may change to meet the needs of the service.
HEALTH AND SAFTEY AT WORK:
The post holder is required to take responsible care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work. The post holder is also required to cooperate with G4S to ensure that statutory and departmental safety regulations are adhered to.
G4S is an Equal Opportunities employer and their aim is to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on grounds of gender, religion, race, colour, sexuality, pregnancy, age, disability, nationality, ethnic or national origins, nor should he/she be placed at a disadvantage by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The post holder will be required to undertake any other duties according to the needs of the service. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of activities, but rather an outline of the main areas of responsibility. Any reasonable changes will be discussed and agreed with the post holder before any variations to the job description are made.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of involvement in innovation or change
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving License.
Apply for this job