Strategic Development Manager - Public Sector
The Strategic Development Manager will be responsible for the development and continuous improvement for all strategic frameworks within the Public Sector.
The Strategic Development Manager reports to the Divisional Director of Public Sector in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment with the aim of winning new business as well as creating the strategic marketing development in all vertical markets within the Public Sector in addition, typically responsible for helping to build and grow awareness of the diverse range of product and service by acting as an outward facing thought manager.Package description
The salary on offer is up to £50k (DOE), OTE of £80k + Car & Corporate benefits package which includes, Private Healthcare, Lifestyle Benefits etc. with excellent routes for career progression.Main responsibilities
The Strategic Development Manager (SDM) services, maintains and grows our business and client base on an ongoing and project basis, will create and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, developing strategic solutions and plans that best fit the business and vertical markets’ needs.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for creating brand identities through research and applying experience to uncover an in-depth knowledge of the organisational process, competitive threats and opportunities of the framework business.
- Manage the campaign measurement process to ensure that the end user and the business are aligned on key performance metrics, establishing realistic business goals, and providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimised strategies moving forward.
The SDM has three areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analysing, Evaluating
- Collaborates with the Account Managers, Customer Services, on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the customer.
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing proposals, works with producer in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Identify and develop target list of vertical markets to develop.
- Understand business objectives, challenges and opportunities of target and vertical markets.
- Responsible for framework vision, structure, and management while providing accountability, and development strategy.
- Develop in collaboration with the marketing team, innovative and / or differentiating products and services ?.
Strategic Project Management
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the framework marketing and business goals and objectives.
- Manage measurement, analytics, data gathering, and reporting for clients’ and business.
- Provide strategic CSR thought leadership and expertise to expand business relationships.
- Influence cross-functional internal partners to create and execute effective research, analysis, and strategy.
- Work with all internal departments to develop integrated solutions and expand the services the business provides to the end use.
- Identify the right opportunities across vertical sectors that align with the business ongoing strategy.
- Maintain and develop prospective client and key strategic stakeholder network.
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the business goals and objectives.
- Generate and drive insight for internal and client audiences around media, brands, consumers, and experiences (support from Marketing Team).
- Represent the business at conferences, seminars. Conventions, exhibitions.
- Provide market research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends.
- Grow and develop existing framework accounts.
As a Strategic Development Manager, you will require the below experience:
- Bid writer experience in public sector framework level or similar market.
- Experience navigating large and complex organisations, including gaining access to key executives and stakeholders and successfully managing relationship building dynamics and processes.
- Sound and responsible business counselling and planning.
- Deliver a consistently superior service and product offering.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions within the public sector vertical markets.
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record of building clients and expansion of client accounts.
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments, traveling as required to pursue business development
- Great project management abilities
Lyreco specialises in providing workplace solutions to businesses globally across a variety of sectors. We are looking for a Strategic Development Manager - Public Sector to join our ‘solution based’ Corporate Sales Division, covering the UK.