Capital Actuarial Analyst - Lloyds Syndicate
I'm working with an award winning Lloyd's Syndicate to find a Capital Actuarial Analyst to work on a variety of lines. The role is very diverse and dynamic, not only working collaboratively with the Risk team, but will also work across Pricing and Reserving.
- Work closely with other members of the Actuarial Team to ensure appropriate actuarial services are available .
- Support the Capital Actuary and actively participate in the annual capital model parameterisation and validation process.
- Assisting in maintaining Solvency II model documentation and operational manuals.
- Assisting in maintaining stress and sensitivity testing and reporting. Maintenance of model use and validation logs.
- Help enhance management information and reporting in order to meet regulatory requirements, including the annual PRA return, Standard Formula calculation, and Lloyd’s Catastrophe Model returns.
- Fulfil requirements as a member of the Actuarial Function to ensure that TCMA continues to meet the tests and standards of the Solvency II Directive, and to maintain adherence to the Lloyd’s Minimum Standards framework.
- Assist with quarterly reserving analysis. This will include data management and management reporting.
- Contribute to pricing, business planning, and outwards reinsurance purchase processes.
- Assist in the review of key insurance and economic assumptions for all actuarial tasks.
- Project work as required.
- 1-3 years of experience in general insurance capital modelling working in a Lloyd’s syndicate or London Market.
- Advanced Excel skills with a good working knowledge of VBA.
- Knowledge of Remetrica, Microsoft Access, SQL, R, ResQ, RMS, Economic Scenario Generators or any pricing software would be an advantage.
- Progress with actuarial exams with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent, or mathematical or quantitative degree.
- Knowledge of Solvency II regulatory requirements and an understanding of how they impact on the business.