Workforce Development Officer HCC6775
It is an exciting time to be joining the Workforce Development Team with new initiatives such as the Graduate Entry Training Scheme, and the Aspiring Managers programme due to be launched early next year. As part of the Transformation Social Care agenda, Childrens and Families Service’s have developed a strength based, ‘Hampshire Approach’ to working with families, which will underpin everything we do.
You will have the ability and skills to develop and support others in their learning as we work towards embedding new ways of working. As an HCPC registered Social Worker, with significant experience in Children’s Services, you will hold an accredited Practice / Supervision Educator qualification, have a proven track record of delivering a blended learning approach and have group facilitation skills.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of supporting and assessing Newly Qualified Social Workers, (NQSW) in gaining their ASYE accreditation, and it would also be desirable to have experience of safeguarding and early years /family support work.
- Review, design, develop, deliver, and evaluate learning and development interventions in accordance with identified needs and priorities.
- Support managers and other front-line staff in their role of developing others.
- Undertake quality assurance observations and other processes in accordance with agreed standards.
- Be responsible for managing resources and equipment as appropriate.
- Act as the link person between the front line and workforce development to ensure specific learning needs of the staff are identified and prioritised.
- Act as Knowledge Management ‘Champion’ ensuring dissemination of latest research and other information to meet the Knowledge and Skills statement (KSS) requirements.
- Respond flexibly to operational demands in accordance with front-line requirements.
- Support and assess NQSW’s in their first year to ensure successful completion of the ASYE programme.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Social Work Degree
- HCPC registered
- Significant Social Work experience in Children’s Services
- Recognised Accredited Practice Supervision/Educator Award
- Knowledge of adult learning styles and it’s application and experience in the assessment of NQSWs
- Professional knowledge of the Social Work Professional Capability Framework (PCF) and Knowledge and Skills Statements (KSS) for Child and Family Social Workers
- Excellent facilitation and delivery skills
- Strong communication skills with an ability to challenge where appropriate
- Prior experience of providing supervision, either in a management capacity or as a Practice Educator.
- Ability to manage demanding / challenging negotiations sensitively and effectively
- Ability to evaluate and act on feedback, providing continuous improvement of service outcomes
- Ability to prioritise your work appropriately
- Be able to meet the travel requirements of this role and have a current driving licence
Desirable Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience of Action learning, Mentoring and Coaching
- Understanding of safeguarding, early years and family support as well as equality and diversity
Working conditions may include:
- Manual Handling of objects - Less than daily requirement - Up to 5kg
- Display screen equipment user
- Working with Children under 8 years and up to 18
- Lone Working
This post is subject to a criminal records check. Please note that under safer recruitment requirements, references will be requested prior to interview.