Social Worker Children and Young Peoples Service
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Social Worker to join the Children and Young Peoples Service within South London.
You will have a major contribution to make to the delivery of our vision and strategic priorities set out in the Children and Young People’s Plan, by delivering all aspects of high quality social work provision to children and their families.
The responsibilities of the Social Worker includes:
- To manage an assigned caseload of children and families, independently in compliance with agreed casework objectives, assessing and managing risks appropriately and in accordance with statutory regulations and guidelines
- To investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children, undertake assessments where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children and young people, maintaining appropriate personal/professional boundaries
- To work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership, based on their assessment of need, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to their planning
- Ensure effective and timely communication within and across the business unit, so that key messages are conveyed to employees, partners, suppliers and other stakeholders in a consistent way
- To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to the children and families assigned, to monitor and review the implementation of care plans, to ensure that the services being provided are meeting the assessed need and that the cost of provision remains within any agreed budget
Requirements of a Social Worker:
- HCPC registered
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- An enhanced DBS that is of satisfactory level is essential
Salary: Up to £18.49 p/h, based on experience
If you would like to apply, to find out more about this role, or other Social Work roles, please contact Tradewind on 0203 743 6103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org