Experienced Social Worker - Family Support Team
Pixel Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Social Worker to join a Family Support Team based in Thurrock Council. Excellent rates of pay on offer up to £32 per hour dependent upon experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for safeguarding vulnerable children and young people. To provide high quality, professional casework service which meets desired outcomes to all Children & Family service users in the most complex family situations. Promote children living with their family where safe to do so and for those children whom are looked after to promote their welfare and help improve their life chances and outcomes. To comply with legislation, statutory guidance and local policies and procedures
Main duties include:
- To ensure that all vulnerable children in need and children in care receive a service that reflects the Department’s commitment to safeguarding and putting the needs of individual children first
- To model good practice that reflects a value based approach to working with children and their families and is child-centred
- To work in partnership with service users, to undertake focused assessments, plans and reviews that have clear objectives and outcome measures
- To work directly with children and young people to establish their wishes and feelings, using a variety of techniques, as required
- To work within accepted standards of customer care and to provide a respectful and sensitive service at all times
- To maintain accurate and up to date records in line with Data Protection legislation and use the Integrated Children’s System to promote effective case management
- To prepare reports for meetings, i.e. Child protection conference, strategy meetings, Children in Care Reviews, Children in Need meetings, and court proceedings as necessary, to the required standard and within the set timescales.
- To contribute to the progression of the relevant performance plans and targets
- To monitor use of resources to promote maximum results
- To keep up to date with research findings and new thinking within the social work field.
- To identify training needs and maintain requirements for professional registration
- To be available for supervision, as required and to prepare for supervisory sessions, as required by the Team Manager
- At the discretion of the Manager such other activities as may from time to time be required to ensure the needs of the service are met
- Registered social worker with the HCPC
- Social Work Qualification
Benefits of working with Pixel:
- Your own dedicated & experienced consultant
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme - Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed for free upon registering
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Pixel Personnel have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme.