Registered Children's Home Manager
Aurora are currently recruiting for a committed and professional Registered Home Manager to work within a well-established therapeutic residential care service.
The service provides residential care and education for an all-female client group aged 12-18 with EBSD and complex needs whilst developing and enhancing life skills and interests. The salary for this role starts at £35,845 - £38,845 (negotiable dependant on experience and qualifications) and will consist of 162.5 hours per week.
Duties of the Role
· To facilitate the achievement of excellent outcomes for the young people in line with Every Child Matters, along with high standards from inspections by applying good leadership and management of the home.
· To represent the home to outside agencies and ensure compliance with the statutory requirements imposed by them and requirements of commissioners.
· To be responsible for the overall day to day running of the home; managing practical issues, conflicts and dilemmas, undertaking direct work and providing an on call support and reporting service during your working hours.
· To work flexible hours if required, to meet the needs of the service and young people, which may involve working at short-notice, sleeping-in duties, public holiday and weekend working from time to time.
· To ensure all young people have written placement plans in place setting out identified need and plans to meet this need; ensuring ongoing assessment, development and review of the young people’s individual plans.
· To ensure adequacy of staff cover within the home, ensuring rotas are appropriately maintained to meet the identified needs of the young people within allocated resources.
· To provide supervision to all staff on a regular basis that meets the requirements in relation to frequency, duration and content as required by The Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards. Where supervision is delegated, to be responsible for ensuring that this meets required standards, whilst ensuring that staff are provided with both general as well as link work focused supervision where this is applicable and that both are appropriately recorded.
The successful candidate will have significant and relevant experience as a Registered Home Manager, and will hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care or Children and Young People along with a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management and the ability to work confidently, competently and calmly with children and staff members.
How to Apply
For an informal chat around the role please call 0121 516 3985; you can also apply and show interest quickly by sending your CV to Shannon@auroraresourcing.co.uk.