Factory Joiner – Scotframe Timber Engineering
Competitive Salary - Based in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
This position is working for Scotframe who are a part of the Saint Gobain group - Global winners of TOP EMPLOYER 2017 and 2018.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Scotframe family. As a Factory Joiner working in Inverurie, you will have proven experience of timber frame manufacture, timber frame construction and or joinery manufacture/installation.
Scotframe manufactures and supplies full timber frame housing kits for small/medium builders, developers and self-builders in the UK and is a market leader in closed panel systems used extensively for new build homes in Scotland and England.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Previous experience and knowledge of timber based components.
- Support efficiencies in the production line.
- Manufacture door sets and finishings.
- Operating machinery.
- Using hand held power tools.
- Using pneumatic tools.
- Where applicable operating forklift trucks.
- Fabrication of various timber based components.
- Partake in job specific training.
- Maintain a safe and tidy work environment.
- Assisting colleagues in additional relevant tasks.
Experience required. You will have:
- Experience of timber frame manufacture, timber frame construction and or joinery manufacture/installation.
- Ability to adopt and adapt to changes in procedures, working practices or policies.
- Ability to read, understand and convert drawings into completed components correctly.
- Motivated to achieve improvement in performance.
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Desire and ability to train apprentices or other learners.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and management and other staff in a positive, respectful and constructive way.
- Fully understand the need to work safely.
- Desire to achieve results as part of a team.
- Desire to achieve and where possible exceed targets.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As a Saint Gobain employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you’re up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/