Specialist Support & Cover Lecturer (Science)
London's leading College is looking for an exceptional Specialist Support & Cover Lecturer (Science) to join its friendly team at the Centre for Applied Sciences in the Angel.
About the role:
The role will be based in the Applied Science department in the Centre for Applied Sciences on our Angel campus.
We are looking to appoint a Science Lecturer to work as a member of a team, providing cover for staff absences as part of an effort to support BTEC students in achieving their qualifications. As this may cover a broad range of science related subjects, a strong general understanding of science topics is required.
- You are passionate about supporting students in progressing on their study programmes.
- You are able to cover science classes, often at short notice.
- You can develop and deliver tailored support workshops for students.
- You deliver lessons that are imaginative and inspiring. Your lesson observation feedback is consistently good or outstanding.
- You will have a suitable teaching qualification such as a PGCE.
- You are qualified to at least Level 5 or equivalent in a relevant science discipline.
We are the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About City and Islington College:
City and Islington College is a friendly learning community like no other. The Centre for Applied Sciences is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. We offering unique courses in areas as diverse as Medical Science, Vet Nursing and Forensics. City and Islington College is a learning environment like no other. The College is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. If you want to stretch your own talents in a supportive environment with continuous staff training and development, then City and Islington College could be the place for you.
We celebrate the diversity of our students and staff and work hard to ensure an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. As London's leading college our commitment to equality and diversity will help ensure we are the first choice for students, staff, employers and partners. Find out more about City and Islington College here:
CLOSING DATE: 6th January 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: 14th January 2019
Strictly no agencies