Independent Reviewing Officer - Croydon
Social Personnel are looking for a Independent Reviewing Officer to join the Social Worker Team in Croydon.
About the Role
This makes now an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents.
The London Borough of Croydon is a thriving cultural hub. It’s a truly unique place to practice social work – Croydon is one of the fastest growing populations in the UK and is home to 94,000 children.
It’s an exciting time to be joining us. To meet the changing needs of our children and families we are investing more than £10 million in adapting our delivery model to support the highest quality service.
For you, this investment means you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career as well as make your mark by helping to shape the way we support children and families.
The role of the Independent reviewing officer is critical to effective planning for children, timely interventions and ensuring plans are made a reality and we are looking for enthusiastic, committed professionals who want to make a difference and meet the challenge.
The successful candidate must have a sound background in Looked after children’s reviews and children’s safeguarding, have good communication skills, chairing skills, and be able to evaluate information and develop strategies in a multi-agency forum. They will have a good understanding of the role of the Independent Reviewing officer and be able to work in partnership with social workers and managers in our Looked After Children’s Teams. Experience of working within a Strengthening Families framework is desirable but not essential.
What you need:
- HCPC Registration
- 2 years of relevant post-qualifying experience
- Must have recent Independent Reviewing Officer
Benefits of working with Social Personnel:
- As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, Social Personnel have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
- A way to give back to charitable organisations/disadvantaged young people, through our partnership with Youth at Risk, now known as GRIT
- Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you – just enjoy your hard earned money each week
- Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you
- A market leading £600 referral bonus, paid across 3 months, for every successful placement we make from someone you refer to us
- Your own highly experienced recruitment consultant and dedicated aftercare team
- Boat Parties, prize giveaways and much, much more...
If you are interested in this position please call Calvin on 0203 929 4018 or e-mail.