Qualified Social Worker - Looked After Children
Pixel Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Qualified Social Worker to join the Looked After Children's Service service in Banbury, Oxfordshire. Excellent rates of pay on offer up to £36 per hour dependent upon experience.
Main Purpose of the role:
- To work with children who, after full assessment, are deemed to need permanent care away from their own home, or a significant period of substitute care, whether subject to Care orders or accommodated.
- To ensure that services are planned and delivered in a way that maximises participation and reflects Children’s rights in relation to services being provided; acts on views of children and young people and demonstrate Children’s Rights are reflected in the way that you work with children and young people.
- This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all County Safeguarding and Child Protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
1. To be the allocated worker for children looked after, wherever placed, delivering services which are sensitive to the needs of children, young people and families, to the highest professional standards
2. To encourage and support looked after children and young people and to participate in all decision-making processes affecting their lives (according to their age and stage of development)
3. To provide ongoing timely assessment, planning, implementation and review for allocated cases, working in partnership with children, young people and families, and partner agencies
4. To undertake effective analysis and management of risk for allocated children, under the supervision of the team manager
5. To implement Permanency plans and maintain up to date Care Plans.
6. Monitor and promote children’s health and education needs and any special needs, to ensure these are met and improve their life chances.
7. Re-assess children’s needs in the light of changes in circumstances, behaviour, family situation, etc. and undertake direct work with children.
8. To comply with the requirements of relevant legislation, guidance, and practice standards, in accordance with Children’s Social Care Policies and Procedures and OSCB Safeguarding Procedures, including statutory visiting and related recording
9. Ensure all records and information systems are kept accurate and up to date, including the inputting and updating of the Department’s computerized information systems.
10. Work jointly with area social care team colleagues, residential and other colleagues, foster carers and adopters as appropriate.
11. Work jointly with family placement colleagues in family finding and linking for permanency, and placement.
12. Conduct visits, reviews, Welfare supervision, Court Reports, etc. in relation to Adoption Regulations.
13. To work closely with health, education, Virtual School and other professionals to ensure all needs are met.
14. Liaise with colleagues in all teams and acceptance of cases from Assessment and Family Support teams, according to established protocols.
15. Provide ongoing support to children leaving the looked after system to return home for a limited period, as agreed by protocols, etc.
16. Keep abreast of current research and national developments.
17. To take part in the team duty system/rota.
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with children and young people
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Registered social worker with the HCPC
Benefits of working with Pixel:
- Your own dedicated & experienced consultant
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme - Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed for free upon registering
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Pixel Personnel have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme.