Advanced Social Workers - SPOC Incl. MASH
Advanced Social Workers - Single Point of Contact including MASH
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Social Workers to join our new Single Point of Contact.
In March 2018, Croydon launched their Single Point of Contact, creating a single front door for residents and agencies to contact where children and young people are at risk of harm or whether they require support in agreeing an Early Help offer.
The service is made up of staff from the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH): Metropolitan Police, Croydon NHS Health Services, Community Safety, Education and Youth Engagement and Early Help.
This is an opportunity to be part of our new and innovative service. You will be responsible for building effective professional relationships with partners across the Borough, be consistent and confident in decision making, ensuring information is clearly assessed and recorded and actions to meet need and risk are passed to the appropriate teams for assessment and intervention.
We are looking for passionate social workers who can demonstrate their skills and resilience:
- evidence of multi-agency partnership working with a robust understanding of thresholds of need.
- significant post qualifying experience
- demonstrable front line child protection/child in need experience.
- excellent analytical and writing skills that incorporates a strengths based approach.
Your experience of working in a statutory setting will allow you to operate with confidence and emotional intelligence; carrying out assessments, analysing complex information, using research to support your decision making and working in a fast paced environment.
You’ll be confident in delivering training alongside colleagues to partner agencies and have a real passion about making a difference to children and young people in Croydon.
To apply for the Advanced Social Worker – SPOC incl MASH role, please submit your CV and supporting statement by clicking on the 'apply' button.
Salary - Grade 14 (£42,734 - £44,691)*
* In addition to the annual salary there will be a welcome payment of £2,500 (paid at 6 months) and a further £3,000 retention package (£1,500 to be paid at 12 months and £1,500 to be paid at 20 months service)
- 30 days’ annual leave in addition to bank holidays with the option to buy up to an additional 10 more days of annual leave through salary sacrifice
- Relocation package
- development opportunities in key areas of practice; taking on specific lead roles, giving you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills and to develop your practice
- support practitioners in undertaking Practice Educator training
- Laptop/Phone with agile work practices
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- A core skills training & Learning Development programme
Most of all what makes Croydon special is our people – both within the council and throughout the borough. Our diverse population has made Croydon a thriving cultural hub, it also makes it a truly unique environment in which to work and practice social work.
If you would like an informal conversation about these roles please contact Kamilah McCalman (Team Manager) or Jen Houghton (Service Manager) on 0208 255 2888.