Would you like to work in an innovative learning environment, teaching Business, on Higher Education preparatory programmes?
Due to exciting growth on the Business programmes at our Durham University International Study Centre, we are expanding the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student centred Business Tutor to join the team on a full-time permanent contract. You’ll be teaching general Business and Accounting and Finance (if possible) across our Level 3 and Level 6 programmes. Teaching small groups of international students (10-15 average), you’ll have the autonomy to provide innovative and engaging lessons that help prepare the students for Higher Education. Admin responsibilities are generally low and consistent across marking, reporting, and formative and summative assessments. Deadlines can be tight, so you’ll be a flexible and adaptable person that thrives in a dynamic teaching and learning environment. The current team are collaborative, regularly sharing best practice, as well as having a sociable culture that includes regularly team building and away days.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Our Durham University Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opened its doors in September last year. Based in the spectacular Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talented students from across the globe. The centre runs a dynamic curriculum across the International Foundation and the Pre-Masters programme. This is a high-energy centre, where no day is the same. The centre is right next to the River Tees and the breath-taking Infinity Bridge
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Extensive experience teaching Business or Accounting and Finance at a minimum of Level 3, too small classes/groups.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Business or a relevant subject area will be required to teach on the Level 6. However, applicants without will be considered for just Level 3 teaching.
- A student centred approach, excellent communication skills, and an interest in international education.
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working with a VLE and other learning technologies.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.