The Activate Learning group is comprised of secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeship and workforce training, consultancy, international, commercial business and social enterprise. These learning organisations are united by a common purpose: to transform lives through learning.
We are looking to recruit a ceramics technician to ensure the smooth running of the ceramics studio at Bracknell & Wokingham College. This includes:
- Maintenance of ceramic studio as a safe and clean working environment including checking health and safety issues and appropriate signage.
- Care and maintenance of tools and equipment in the ceramics studio including cleaning as required.
- Cleaning of all aprons, shelving and surfaces within the ceramics studio on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for organising and directing the annual deep clean.
- Preparation and organisation of ceramic materials including glazes and clays Responsibility for firing student’s work and keeping appropriate records of kiln firings.
- Responsibility for weighing and pricing student’s work & reconciliation
- Responsibility for ordering materials and equipment in conjunction with art and ceramic lecturer.
- Maintaining records of stock materials.
- Assist art and ceramic lecturer in setting up displays of student’s work to include organising, displaying and dismantling End of Year Art and Ceramics exhibition in conjunction with Art and Ceramics tutors
- Ensuring risk assessments and COSSH are current
- Recycling of clay both manually and using the pug mill
- Any other job related tasks /meeting /training as directed.
- Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths
- Recent experience of practical work
- Ability to lift and move equipment
- Excellent communication
Any person offered a position will be required to complete a DBS application. Activate Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Activate Learning are committed to employing disabled people and will ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. We guarantee to offer an interview to all applicants with a disability provided they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required and support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work. If you require an accessible format please contact us.