About the Role:
This role will provide support to the void teams in the way of void clearance and cleaning, hedge and grass cuts to void gardens, fence repairs / replacements, Slabs, concreting, pick up and deliver large materials, remove larger waste created by the responsive team.
- Key Areas:
- Void Clearance internal and external
- Void Cleans
- Void Gardens – i.e. hedge and grass cutting
- VDP – Garden Tidy’s 2 weekly, plus monthly inspections.
- Small Fencing job’s
- Second man to working at heights team
- Second man for 2 star properties
- Second man for heavy lifting – i.e. lifting worktops, Fire doors, etc. upstairs in flats
- Picking up larger items such as old baths toilets etc. and removing them to dump.
- Delivering larger materials
- Void gutter cleans and repairs
Having general knowledge of the building trade and materials will be an advantage. You will have good organisational and time management skills with an enthusiasm for providing an excellent service to our customers.
Working within a team and having a can do attitude with a willingness to learn new skills.
Have experience in :
- Working at heights
- H&S including
Ability to build sound relationships with customers, suppliers and staff and have a clear understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
Aster Group provides safety and security through our reliable landlord and independent living services and we supply a wide range of housing options in response to the housing crisis.
We own and manage over 30,000 homes, serving more than 90,000 customers in 40 local authority areas. We employ around 1,300 colleagues based in office locations across our operating regions.
We delivered nearly 1,000 new homes in 2017/18, with revenue from outright sales of £20m, shared ownership first tranche sales of £36m, generating an expected profit before tax of £50m.
We are investing in the future of our business with substantial resources set aside to improve our employee experience and to achieve our digital transformation ambitions. Through the Aster Foundation we are committed to giving something back to our local communities.