Frontier is one of the largest economic consultancies in Europe and offers a vibrant place to work with offices in London, Brussels, Cologne, Dublin, Madrid, Paris and Berlin. We deliver tailor-made economic advice to businesses, regulators and policy-makers. Frontier encourages everyone to take the initiative in all aspects of the Company's development. Our culture is unique, and is open-minded, friendly and non-hierarchical.
Position: Payroll Specialist
Location: High Holborn, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full Time & Part Time
Salary: £30,000 FTE up to around £45,000 FTE including bonus plus additional benefits
About the role:
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Finance Team of 6-7 people. You will have sole responsibility for the entire payroll function for our growing and successful European business, running the payroll in London yourself and overseeing the payroll services for all of our other offices. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience working in payroll, with preferably some experience leading a payroll function. Some previous international experience would also be desirable. Essential skills for the role are attention to detail, strong numerical and spreadsheet skills, excellent communication skills with a flexible approach and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Preparation and processing of UK payroll for around 170 employees through SAGE including annual requirements e.g. P60s, P11ds etc
- Liaison with European payroll agencies for the preparation of local payrolls covering 50 employees across 8 locations
- Accurate and timely record keeping
- Tax Authority and Social Security reporting, payment processing and monthly reconciliations
- Processing payroll journals through SAP
- Set-up and processing of payroll payments consisting of online banking and SAP
- Administration of benefits including pensions, loans, bike to work scheme, childcare vouchers, GAYE and family health insurance
- Updating salary forecasts and other earnings related schedules
- Calculations and application of the unique Frontier Bonus Scheme, including monthly reconciliations.
- Help with annual audit, putting together documentation for auditors and answering queries
- Administration of short term business visitors payroll requirements
- Set-up and processing of supplier payments
- Processing receipts through SAP
- Bank reconciliations
Essential Skills / Experience:
- 2 years plus payroll experience with good understanding of the application of tax, NI, benefits such as pensions, childcare voucher schemes etc.
- Strong excel spreadsheet skills with the ability to work through complex reconciliations to ensure accurate and complete payroll processing
- Good accounting knowledge covering debits and credits, journals and the difference between profit and loss accounts and balance sheet accounts
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a concise and understandable way for employees and to liaise with colleagues of all levels
- Fantastic attention to detail, driven by caring about a job well done
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of payroll in overseas territories: specifically Germany, France, Belgium, Ireland and / or Spain
- A second language: German, French or Spanish
- Sage knowledge
- Experience of using SAP
You may have experience of the following: Payroll Specialist, Payroll Administrator, Payroll Officer, Payroll Manager, Global Payroll Specialist, International Payroll Officer, Payroll Specialist, Finance Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Administrator, Payroll Accountant, Payroll Clerk, Accounts Assistant, etc.