Widening Participation & Business Development Officer
We are looking to appoint a Widening Participation & Business Development Officer to be part of our team to help increase student numbers and participation by under-represented groups across all curriculum areas with a particular focus on Higher Education (HE). Promoting courses to employers, generating new business and gathering local labour market information to inform future curriculum development will be paramount. This post holder will liaise with relevant College departments to support recruitment activities. The post holder will be expected to provide an extremely high level of customer service at all times and have the ability to act quickly and efficiently
The successful candidate must be qualified to Level 2 in a relevant discipline, demonstrate work experience as a sales administrator or sales support agent, have proven administrative and customer service experience and meeting sales targets. We are looking for someone exceptionally well organised, with superb communication skills and an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving. Finally, the successful candidate must have the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines. In return, we will offer an exciting and challenging role with a very supportive network of staff.
To increase student numbers and participation by under-represented groups across all curriculum areas with a particular focus on Higher Education (HE). To promote courses to employers, generate new business and gather local labour market information to inform future curriculum development. This post holder will liaise with relevant College departments to support recruitment activities. The post holder will be expected to provide an extremely high level of customer service at all times and have the ability to act quickly and efficiently.
- Develop a strong understanding of the HE/FE/Apprenticeship offer in order to better inform prospective applicants.
- Develop and maintain contacts and conduct tele-sales work with local industry to promote the College offer to business.
- Promote the Digital Skills Training offer to local employers and potential students.
- Identify and research opportunities to help drive sales and recruitment.
- Work with Heads of Department to plan sales activities to meet their requirements throughout the year.
- Be responsible for providing outreach activities, resources and materials to promote and engage with prospective students and their influencers.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Department, develop links with target schools and colleges to distribute relevant information.
- Undertake visits to target schools and colleges either directly or in partnership with academic or marketing staff to facilitate outreach activities as required to support the Widening Participation agenda.
- Ensure all activity is accurately recorded on the CRM and produce reports for Heads of Departments as required.
- Support the Head of HE with the collection and timely entry of data in the Higher Education Access and Participation Statement.
- Provide excellent customer service including managing phone and email queries and ensuring all enquiries are responded to in a professional and efficient manner.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the College and act as an ambassador during open days, marketing and student recruitment events.