Four Seasons Hampshire are looking for a Sous Chef with a solid knowledge of food and the passion to develop his management skills within the hotel industry, have creativity, flair and the ability to provide guidance to others. We are looking for an individual who has a solid work ethic, high level of integrity, concern for quality, cross cultural sensitivity and customer service orientation.
The Sous Chef holds a junior management position within the kitchen department, reporting to the Restaurant Chef and is responsible for supervising the day-to-day running of the kitchen. The Sous Chef is in charge of the management of food costs, production control and the culinary training for all kitchen employees on a daily basis.
- Supports senior leadership by developing and assuming basic management responsibilities
- Assumes the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervises the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develops and implements creative menu items that adhere to Four Seasons brand standards
- Manages kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- Leads and coaches the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitors food production, ordering, cost quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensures proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment