We’re on the hunt for an Insight Manager who is bright, enthusiastic, outgoing, and communicates well within a team. The role will involve building relationships with prospective clients and also project managing a combination of market research and marketing projects for clients. This role would suit someone with 1 to 2 years experience in market research and also someone who enjoys networking and talking to people.
The Insight team is a thriving and growing part of the business since lots of brands want to hear what our audience has to say about their products/services. Our recent clients include Sky, Animal Friends Insurance, Aquafresh, Tesco and Dreams. The range of projects we work on is vast so no two days are the same and there are always new opportunities for keen and enthusiastic team members to make their mark in the team.
What you’ll do:
- Network with prospective clients and generate new leads
- Write proposals
- Manage market research and marketing projects
- Liaise with clients to make sure research projects run smoothly
- Draft and analyse quantitative surveys
- Write reports and present findings back to clients
- Liaise with Mumsnet users who participate in Insight projects
- Work with the Sales team to coordinate insight elements of larger campaigns
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build new client relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent data analysis and survey writing skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Keen attention to detail in written and numerical outputs/documents
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to find appropriate solutions to challenges quickly
- Empathy with parents and parental issues
- Initiative and drive – the ability, once trained, to take a project and run with it
How we’ll support you
- Weekly or bi-weekly 1-1 with line manager to review progress, agree roles, provide support;
- Formal 6-month appraisal system;
- LinkedIn online learning - bi-weekly DEAL sessions, training to be agreed with your line manager;
- Initial cross training across the Insight team (and others as appropriate);
- Initial briefing sessions with relevant business partners;
- Ongoing on the job training from your line manager.
This role reports to the Senior Insight Manager and is based in our offices in Kentish Town. This role is envisaged as full-time but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet. View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
The deadline for applications is Friday 11th January 2019. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!