School Data Protection Consultant - Flexible working/Term Time
This is an exciting time to join Data Protection Education. With the recent changes with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the role is to visit and work remotely with schools to deliver a defined programme of best practice relating to data protection and information best practice in schools.
This role will involve three elements:
1) Visiting schools to undertake data protection audits and assist with implementing our processes, systems and training
2) Client liaison across the business with colleagues nationally at all levels and will be delivering policy and best practice guidance remotely (online and on the phone) with our school customers.
3) Contribution to content in our Knowledge Bank - assisting with the writing and development of best practice guidance and policies
Consequently, you will need to have excellent client facing and communication skills - a good phone and presentation manner.
This is a rapidly developing area and it will be important to help establish new ways of working. Strong IT skills and familiarity with MS Office Suite tools will be important. Experience in working with schools/public sector is very desirable to understand the culture, so those with an administrative background, safeguarding, leadership/management, or teaching experience welcome. But also strong personalities required who aren't afraid to challenge the status quo.
You will need to be able to work on your own, directly with your allocated schools.
We need someone to cover schools in the East of England, predominantly in Norfolk, so please bear that in mind when applying.
Data Protection Education is a specialist consultancy providing GDPR tools, resources and consultancy to schools. We work with individual schools, trusts, federations and local authorities to provide data protection services, including outsourced data protection officer services.
- We will provide tools and admin support so that you can concentrate on delivery and we share responsibility for knowledge across our consultants so you never feel out of your depth.
- We are able to offer some training if you have experience in other areas of school management
- We are able to offer term time contracts and would be happy to discuss full-time and part-time availability.
We understand that you might not be available every day, nor every hour of every day - indeed we hope that you can manage your own schedule to a certain extent. However, our admin team can book the appointments for you.
The role will be mostly term-time only, with only occasional days during school holidays that can be arranged around your schedule. We'd prefer contract or self-employed initially, but open to looking at permanent positions as we move forward.
Travel is required, for school visits, team meetings etc. Own transportation is required as well as your own phone and computer. We will provide a tablet for use during school audits.
We would also be interested in hearing from you if you have experience selling software and services into schools. Or technical writers interested in creating content for us.
If you are the right person for the job and willing to learn about the hottest compliance issue in a generation, then we can be flexible and supportive to your needs.
To apply, tell us about your experience working with schools and why you'd like to work in compliance and data security.
Work available from January 2019.
Apply for School Data Protection Consultant - Flexible working/Term Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly