Finance Assistant - flexible working
Offering flexible working opportunities - We offer a flexible schedule and can adapt to candidate'needs.
Gamma Energy Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our team as we grow our UK business.
Gamma is a UK company with 6 years' experience, belonging of the wider Gamma Group. Gamma are an international engineering group who provide a suite of services covering financing, design, engineering, project management, supply, installation, commissioning and comprehensive operations and maintenance services over a range of renewable energy assets – in particular photovoltaic, battery, electric vehicle infrastructure, and LED lighting.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance director
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Assist the financial director in creating financial reports on a regular basis and following up on business plans
- Adhere to the company's or organisation's financial policies and procedures
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Preparation of powerpoint presentations for clients or internal meetings.
Finance Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- associate's or bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field;
- excellent mathematical skills;
- understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty;
- customer-service skills; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; familiarity with business principles and practices;
- attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills;
- computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software.
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks). Financial modelling skills, ability to understand a balance sheet, P&L, cash flow and produce reports.