Product Marketing Executive
We’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic graduate to be our Marketing Executive to help us with the delivery and execution of Mumsnet’s marketing strategy. You’ll be working across trade and product marketing, creating and maintaining sales and marketing collateral, including case studies and presentation templates. You'll also be developing product messaging, tracking leads, pitching in on presentations for clients, and undertaking market research - no two days are the same!
Primarily, it will be your job to ensure that the sales and delivery teams have the material and information they need to showcase Mumsnet and our products in the very best light
Mumsnet is on a mission to be the number one destination for brands looking to engage with parents. Our recent clients include Sky, Dreams, Scottish Widows, Aquafresh, Tesco and Yeo Valley. Our commercial products are designed to reach and meaningfully engage the 14m+ visitors to our site each month, and you’ll be joining our team at a time of growth, helping to lay and manage the groundwork so that we can build and sell more brilliant data-led packages.
The role would suit someone creative with an eye for (or an interest in) design, a strong desire to learn, and a solutions-oriented approach.
What you'll be doing:
- Producing and maintaining product-specific marketing materials in line with Mumsnet’s brand, style, and tone of voice
- Liaising with project and account managers to produce case studies showcasing our best campaigns
- Supporting the sales teams with ad hoc requests for case studies or marketing resource, sometimes with tight turnarounds
- Tracking incoming sales leads and outcomes and conducting analysis on your findings
- Managing the internal storage and organisation of commercial team documents and collateral
- Conducting quality checks on sales pitches and marketing materials
- Assisting with trade marketing activities such as invitations to Mumsnet events and presentations
What we're looking for:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bags of creativity
- An ability to prioritise and manage your own time
- Initiative and drive; once you’re trained, we’ll want you to take projects and run with them
- The agbility to work independently as well as part of a team; to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines; and to find appropriate solutions to challenges
It’d be nice if you had:
- Experience with PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
How we’ll support you:
- Weekly or bi-weekly one-to-ones with your line manager to review progress, agree goals and provide support
- Six-monthly appraisals
- Access to LinkedIn online learning and bi-weekly ‘drop everything and learn’ sessions
- Initial training across the Commercial team (and others as appropriate)
- Ongoing on-the-job training from your line manager.
This role is envisaged as full-time and based in our offices in Kentish Town but we are happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with over 14m monthly uniques. Our users offer each other advice and support 24/7 (and there’s more articles, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensable to parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that outlines your suitability for the role and demonstrates your understanding of the Mumsnet site and its users.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!