Mumsnet is looking for an SEO Manager to lead our strategy and SEO performance across Mumsnet and Gransnet - including including onpage, technical, offsite and keyword research.
You will be responsible for creating SEO guidelines for Mumsnet’s editorial teams as well providing proactive optimisation recommendation based on shifting search landscape. You will need to be a skilled communicator who is able to listen to team goals, disseminate knowledge, testing plans and information across the business. You will be analytical, data driven and obsessed with incremental improvements.
This role would suit some who wants to be a proven leader in the SEO industry.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain Mumsnet’s SEO strategy across Talk forums (user generated content), editorial and video content
- Develop on page SEO guidelines for Mumsnet editorial teams
- Conduct keyword research to guide content teams with overarching themes, goals and target setting
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes through constant auditing
- Support Technical and product teams with SEO recommendation for new products, templates and launches
- Dive deep into Google updates and SEO best practice and provide succinct recommendations to the business based on your findings
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects
- Engaging in link building (internal and offsite)
- Keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trends
What you must have
- Proven experience as SEO Manager or similar role;
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices;
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS;
- Experience with SEO reporting;
- Familiarity with relevant tools (e.g. SEMrush, Screaming Frog etc.) and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Search Console);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong organisational and leadership skills;
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude.
This role is envisaged as a full-time, 5-day week position based in our offices in Kentish Town, though we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that summaries your suitability for the role and your awareness of Mumsnet and Gransnet.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!