Home-based Business Development Manager - extreme flexibility offered
Business Development Manager
Part-time / 9 month rolling contract / 3 days per week with the potential to go full-time)
Started in 2014, SUPER. is a specialist youth, family and schools marketing agency based in South West London (Surrey).
We are a dynamic and ambitious team with over 25 years agency experience working with a broad portfolio of UK brands and agencies. SUPER. has a unique way of producing stand out ideas that translate into brilliant brand experiences for youth aged 3-18 years old.
Recently, SUPER. has seen an increase in both new client wins and repeat business. Our 2018 client list includes: Google, Warner Bros, LEGO, Nickelodeon, PHD, OMD and Hasbro.
In 2019 SUPER. wants to implement an aggressive expansion strategy with an aim of doubling its 2018 revenue. Our aim is to execute a two-pronged approach to new business focusing on a repositioning model for the agency and developing new business marketing campaigns that focus on our current core insights, strengths and services.
We’re looking for an experienced part-time new business manager to join the team at SUPER. at an extremely exciting time, helping us become a major player in the youth marketing/media arena.
Reporting into the MD and Strategy Director, we need that special someone who has experience in growing small to medium sized agencies and is happy to get stuck in and do what’s necessary to create new opportunities, develop existing clients, drive briefs and help us secure wins.
Ideally we also require a candidate with a good understanding of working with or in, leading media agencies, as this will help support our 2019 new business strategy. It would also be of benefit having worked with well-known youth brand(s).
In return we offer significant flexibility and autonomy. Yes, we need someone who would be happy to attend client facing meetings or meet up with SUPER. people from time to time, but working from home whilst being contactable via email / phone is absolutely fine with us.
Perhaps you used to work in marketing or media and are looking for something that can fit around your lifestyle or you simply like working flexibly. Either way, look at our requirements and get in touch if you think you're SUPER.
About the role:
- 5+ years experience delivering effective B2B business strategies and campaigns within creative or media agencies
- Experience in building and developing client databases and targeted databases that can be effectively and strategically used to generate new business opportunities
- Ability to shape and build a strategic business plan and develop a new business pipeline
- Self-motivated and organised with the drive to follow up with all new business enquiries and keep on top of conversations and progress
- Confident verbal skills with good phone manner
- Able to create relevant and tailored case studies (online on our website and in PPT/PDF format) that resonate with the business and creative objectives of prospect clients
- Strong presentation skills with excellent written English
- Has excellent understanding of how to compose in PowerPoint or Keynote as well us a good understanding of all Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in submitting campaign and agency entries into well-known and recognised annual agency/media awards.
- You will be able to provide evidence of how you have grown a client portfolio and helped to win agency work
- Creative but commercial thinker who understands how and why creative, marketing or media agencies exist and make money
- A good understanding of what a youth brand is and why they would want to work with a specialist agency
- Ability to tell stories and sell in scalable ideas to whet appetites
- Happy to work in a small but growing team
- Is London based, preferably in South West/West London
- Has strong attention to detail
- Has a youthful outlook on life and can relate to youth brands.
Closing date for C.V’s is Monday 21st January 12pm.
Please understand that due to the high volume of C.V’s we receive we will only get back to you if we feel your credentials are suitable for the role. Please allow a week for us to respond to your email.