Social Action Manager
Gain unique management experience and make a real difference in your community. Flexible paid roles throughout June to September with NCS!
Salary: £22,000 pro rata
Role length: Up to 3 months
Location: Greater London, Bucks & Berks, Surrey, West Midlands, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Yorkshire.
About the role
Join The Challenge, the UK's largest provider of NCS, and help us ensure the smooth running of our youth and community programme throughout June to September this summer.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their local communities.
The Social Action Manager works on-site on the programme during it's final phase, inspiring and supporting teams of young people as they design and deliver a series of meaningful social action projects in their local community. Line-managing a team of seasonal staff and overseeing the well-being of up to 84 young people, the Social Action Manager coordinates the logistical delivery of the programme on-site, ensuring that each day runs smoothly and to schedule.
Other responsibilities include:
- Making logistical adjustments to activities, and supporting staff to adapt sessions, for young people with inclusion needs.#
- Conducting risk assessments and giving daily briefings to seasonal staff.
- Supporting the delivery of the 'Showcase' - a performance for parents to see their children's progress on NCS so far.
- Empowering young people to complete and 'graduate' from the NCS programme, and stay involved with The Challenge after NCS.
- Experience of managing large-scale events or projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of designing and managing campaigns or social action projects
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Line-management experience
This fixed-term role is perfect for experienced project managers with a background in fundraising, social action or campaigning, with the confidence and energy to engage and inspire large groups of people.