Excellent benefits + Night enhancements + weekend enhancements Bayford House, Newbury, Berkshire Right now, we're looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our exceptional team of carers at our home in Newbury. You might be an experienced Care Assistant or a just passionate individual looking for that chance to kick start a career in care, either way, we want to hear from you! Our residents are at the heart of everything we do. Come join the team at Bupa and have a career worth caring about.
Working Shift patterns and salary
- Up to £9.20 per hour depending on experience
- Day Shift options: 8am - 8pm, 8am - 2pm or 2pm - 8pm
- Night Shifts: 8pm - 8am
- Full time and part time available (minimum permanent contract offered is 12 hours)
What you’ll be doing
- As a Support Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well-being and social needs of our residents
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
- Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
- Generally promoting our residents’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What you’ll need
- Ideally, some experience in a care environment and an NVQ1 in Care, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
- A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
Why choose Bupa?
- Refer a friend payments of up to £1000
- Subsidised taxis
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Excellent progression opportunities through dedicated training and development
- Childcare Vouchers
- 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- Smile Everyday - a health and well-being package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online well-being tools
- Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
- Interest free travel ticket loans/ Free onsite Parking/ Cycle to Work Scheme
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Access to rewards, offers and discounts
- Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
- Uniform provided
- Recognition schemes including Everyday Heroes and annual National Care Home Awards
Know someone else looking for a Career in Care?
When you refer a Care Assistant to us before the end of the year you’ll receive a £500 bonus* - and the best part? Your friend will too!
About the home
Located in the leafy village of Stockcross on the outskirts of Newbury, turn-of-the-century Bayford House is set back within six acres of landscaped gardens. The home provides a relaxing haven for residents requiring palliative, residential and nursing care.
The home runs regular outings for afternoon tea, to the pub, local garden centre and local areas of interest. There are always activities running within the home, including gardening clubs, painting and flower arranging sessions.
Who we are We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives. Careers worth caring about. Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.