We're on the hunt for a super-talented individual to join our Content team: someone who prides themselves on their speed and accuracy, writes smart, stylish copy, is full of creative ideas, and gets the Mumsnet voice.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the Sales team to generate ideas, check pitches and create commercial content. Our Content team creates organic, user-generated and commercial content and we work flexibly to adapt this to our clients’ needs. This is a fast-paced role, reporting in to the Head of Commercial Content but working across all content.
There isn’t really a typical day in this role, and there’s loads of variety in terms of the work you’ll be doing. In any given week you might be expected to:
- Generate ideas for commercial content in response to client briefs, making sure the content will delight, inform or amuse our users
- Sub commercial content pitches for the sales team before they’re sent to clients
- Respond to queries from the Sales and Client Delivery colleagues regarding existing and proposed commercial content
- Turn our users' contributions into brilliantly readable, search-optimised pages which fit the Mumsnet tone of voice
- Create, update, launch and promote content in line with deadlines
- Understand social and editorial strategy
To do all this, you'll need:
- An innate sense of written style and impeccable grammar
- An understanding of social media platforms
- An understanding of SEO
- Great Photoshop skills
- The ability to manage your own time, prioritising where needed and meeting tight deadlines
- To be ready to take the initiative
- To love Mumsnet and its extraordinary community
How we’ll support you:
- Weekly or bi-weekly one-to-ones with your line manager to review progress, agree roles and provide support
- Formal six-monthly appraisals;
- Access to LinkedIn online learning and fortnightly Drop-It-And Learn (DEAL) sessions (appropriate training to be agreed with your line manager)
- Initial training across the Content team
- Initial briefing sessions with relevant business partners
- Ongoing on-the-job training from your line manager.
We’re looking for someone to work five days a week in our offices in Kentish Town, though we are always happy to consider flexible working requests.
This role is ideal for someone returning from a career break, or for a graduate or equivalent.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-culture-107447221
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is 10 February 2019.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!