Area Sales Manager
Global chemical manufacturer with year on year growth is looking for an Area Sales Manager to strengthen their presence in the UK construction market.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience + Bonus
Benefits: Company Car + Healthcare + Amazing Pension Scheme + 33 Days Holiday + Mobile + Laptop
Part of a worldwide, multi-million pound global group, we are an international manufacturer of technically advanced, chemical based products. Our products service the construction materials industry, primarily the UK Ready Mix Concrete and Precast Concrete market segments. We actively invest in R & D to ensure that our products stand out within the market place and provide our customers with a selection of solutions that outperform that of our competitors.
Having built the strong foundations, we are now actively looking to advance our UK position with the recruitment of a dynamic, relationship-driven Area Sales Manager. Based from home you will be required to travel throughout the UK, ideally you will be centrally located with easy access to M1 and or M6.
Principal Accountabilities - Area Sales Manager- Construction:
· Selling directly to Ready Mix and Precast markets (new and existing).
· Managing up to approximately 25 accounts spread across central UK.
· Targeted on both growth from existing accounts and new account wins.
· Retention and development of existing customer portfolio (turnover, margin, product mix, price management).
· Overseeing accounts spending between £5,000- £250,000 per annum.
· Servicing National Accounts on a local / regional level.
· Reporting on market information, including competitor activity.
· Identifying and creating a pipeline of potential customers that meet the strategy of the business.
Although we are advertising the role as an Area Sales Manager, it is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles: District Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, UK Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Key Account Manager, Territory Manager, Sales Executive, Commercial Manager, Regional Account Manager, Field Sales Executive or District Manager.
Ultimately we are interested in individuals who
· Have a successful track record in selling technically bias products into the construction industry. This must be either concrete, asphalt, cement, waterproofing, coatings and or chemicals.
· Demonstrate the ability to manage existing accounts whilst maintaining new business activity.
· Have an understanding of territory management and are capable of effective time management.
· Are commercially astute and can communicate effectively at all levels.
· Have strong IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc).
Either way, you will be a sales hungry individual who thrives on closing lucrative contracts and run your territory as if it was your own business.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting Area Sales Manager - Construction and reference CG15124 to DD: +44 (0) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.