Trader - Chinese Desk
Vorto Trading is a deliverable Foreign Exchange company based in the City of London. Vorto’s Chinese desk is growing rapidly and needs support to assist its growth. Vorto have a large number of Chinese clients based in mainland China and the UK.
Vorto are offering you a chance to join an exciting, young, vibrant and rapidly growing company which is expanding its Chinese operation.
The role entails meeting and speaking with clients on a daily basis and assisting them with their trading requirements. It will include onboarding new clients and being able to explain what our company does as well as being up to date with the current regulations and legislation. You will also be required to trade clients and occasionally work "Chinese Hours"
You will also be required to travel to China to attend client meetings, exhibitions and events.
You will also be required:
To actively promote the services of Vorto Trading Ltd.
To provide the account manager with in depth details of the clients trading requirements.
To ensure that you obtain the relevant documents to be fully complaint with HM Revenue & Customs and Money Laundering Regulations.
To ensure that the database report logs are up-to-date at all times with details of Client calls, issues progress made.
Maintain technical capability for job, specifically, develop an in depth knowledge of all products and service offerings for clients.
Support the Head of Desk and Senior Managers as directed.
Communicate/escalate issues of Client dissatisfaction or risk control to senior managers.
To constantly look for new ways to enhance the operation of the UK office and grow the Client database.
Generic Staff Responsibilities
- To look to improve Company productivity and control.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
Minimum skills and experience requirements:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- A broad base of computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of the foreign exchange markets and products
- Highly organised.