Job Title: Assistant Chef
Salary: £9.50 per hour Plus Benefits
Location: Clifton College, Bristol - BS8 3HE
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: 32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Due to our continued success we are now looking to recruit a Assistant Chef to join our team based at Clifton College in Bristol.
Assistant Chef Purpose:
- Assist in the production, preparation and presentation of all meals and services to the company standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals to the company's standard and to the client's satisfaction and maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the Unit to the required standard in the Service Level Agreement.
Assistant Chef Responsibilities Include:
- To prepare and drive the delivery of the meals to the pupils by enhancing the pupil experience in order to meet both client and company expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations.
- To ensure that all statutory and company regulations and policies relating to Allergens, food hygiene, health, safety and fire are enforced, recorded and maintained at all times and resulting in Green Safeguard audit.
- Actively innovate in terms of food presentation and engage in partnered curriculum based food activity, such as Discovery Tables, Classroom Tastings.
- To control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- To ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and that the necessary weekly returns are completed accurately and sent to the appointed office on time. This may be electronically, paper-based, or both, as instructed.
- To understand and maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service review and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organization.
- To implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of policies food hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary to ensure full compliance
The ideal Assistant Chef will have:
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part
Assistant Chef Desirable Skills:
- 706/3 or NVQ3 chef hospitality qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management and employee engagement
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
About the Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Chef to join a reputable business that encourages career progression and offers fantastic rates of pay and company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview.