One of the UK’s leading providers of Public Sector support services are looking for a Bid Manager. We offer a modern flexible working environment, where a work hard play hard culture prevails and where people who join our family stay with our family. We are now looking for a vibrant, attention to detail focused Bid Manager with flair and creativity.
BASIC SALARY: up to £40,000 + + benefits.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Bonus of up to 25% of Basic Salary + Company Paid Pension + Health Insurance + Insurances + 23 Days Holiday
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bedford, Buckinghamshire, Corby, Coventry, Daventry, Kettering, Leicester, Milton Keynes, Warwick.
We have been providing support services to the local authorities and government sectors for over 140 years. With almost 1,000 staff working throughout our nationwide network of offices, we pride ourselves on being the most experienced company in our marketplace, our service offering is flexible, responsive and tailored to meet our client’s needs. Above all, we view our people as our number one asset and treat them accordingly.
ROLE PROFILE: Bid Manager - Public Sector Support Services
Reporting to the Bid & Marketing Director, it is the responsibility of the Bid Manger to ensure opportunities are sourced, an appropriate solution is designed, with full sign off from the business, and responded to in a timely fashion to win and retain business.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
· Supporting the management of Bid Writers, Bid Coordinator, and Sales and Marketing Administrator for Local Authorities and Government throughout the UK
· Sourcing relevant opportunities within the above sectors and via OJEU
· Coordinating Bid Meetings with relevant colleagues from across the business
· Designing solutions to win the bid that can be delivered by the business
· Work with group commercial and legal teams to ensure contracts are within group risk appetite
· Communicating relevant information about business wins / losses to management teams
· Seeking information from around the business to assist in the completion of bids
· Project Managing the completion of all ITT’s and PQQ’s
· Seeking feedback from all submitted tenders, and using this to improve future submissions.
Above all you will have the freedom to use your creative abilities to formulate accurate and well-structured proposals. You will enjoy working on your own initiative and when required to tight deadlines. Naturally, you will have a creative flair for using Word, PowerPoint and Excel and above all you are the type of individual that takes pride in their work and pays attention to even the smallest of details and can and wants to get involved with the strategy and decision-making process.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bid Manager - Public Sector Support Services
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates who are:
· Experienced in producing high quality bid & tender proposals, preferably as a Bid Manager, or a Bid Writer ready to move up and with ITT or PQQ experience.
· Strong communicators with the ability to manage your time and workload efficiently.
· Flexibility and resilience when required to meet with commercial deadline pressures.
· Working or may have previously worked as any of the following … Proposal Writer, Bid Manager, Copywriter, Pre-Sales Administrator, Pre-Sales Support, Marketing Co-ordinator, Tender Co-ordinator, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Support, Project Manager, Account Manager.
The business has an active policy of promotion from within, career progression would be to the Senior Management level and we firmly believe in the continual development of our people. It’s a fun and happy culture.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Bid Manager and reference IL15143 to DD: +44 (0) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.