Technical Specialist - DC Pensions
Our client, a forward thinking and leading Financial Services company are looking for an experienced DC Technical Specialist to join their team based in West Sussex.
The main purpose of the role is to be a subject matter expert on pension issues relating to the company's DC master trust offering, supporting all departments as required on a wide range of technical and complex matters. To ensure high quality advice is provided to colleagues in a timely and professional manner, and that technical knowledge is kept up to date with developments in what is a fast changing pensions environment. Actively contribute to the achievement of the Department's overall objectives.
* Subject matter expert on DC pension technical issues, including the pension flexibilities, automatic enrolment and taxation
* Responsible for providing expert and high quality technical support on a DC master trust to all business areas, and in a timely manner
* Support development of new initiatives such as new products and services, business development opportunities and proactively identifying and solving problems as and when required
* Act as team representative on various project activity undertaken by the business
* Where relevant to assist with analysis and impact assessment of new pension and tax legislation
* Review and approval of member communications and product literature ensuring that they meet regulatory requirements
* To assist in providing assurance that the company and DC pension arrangement it operates remains compliant with the law, procedures and follows best practice
* Attend training and industry events in order to increase knowledge and understanding of industry developments, and to share that knowledge internally
* To support the Head of Regulatory & Product Assurance and other members of the team on technical issues as necessary.
* Experience in a pensions organisation
* Experience of DC trust-based occupational pension schemes and / or master trusts
* Experience of working as part of a project team
* Significant knowledge of DC pensions, automatic enrolment, taxation, and pension flexibilities
* Technical knowledge of DC pensions, automatic enrolment, taxation
* Good working knowledge of data protection law
* Commercial awareness
* Innovative and ability to challenge
* Self-motivated, disciplined and organised
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Intermediate skill in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
You will hold a recognised Pensions qualification (or part) qualification and will be prepared to study for further relevant qualifications.
In return you will receive an excellent compensation and benefits package.
For more details, please contact Neil Drew on or email
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.