Legal Secretary - Family Team
Would you like to work for a UK top 100 law firm based in Bath?
We are seeking a Legal Secretary to provide efficient administrative and legal support to ensure the Family department in our Bath office functions effectively, enabling the department to achieve the objectives set out in the department business plan.
This role will work predominantly with one fee earner in the the matrimonial and financial remedy team.
Duties will include:
- Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of a fee earner
- Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, audio-typing, filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management, online portal management and dealing with post
- Draft documents and bills, from instruction using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
- Manage diaries (both individual and group) to ensure key dates are adhered to
- Provide administrative support for business development and marketing activities including booking facilities and refreshments, booking specialist, preparing presentation materials and associated documentation
- Provide support for designated fee earners and act as a resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security, data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
- Ensure adherence to all affiliations and standards connected to the department
- Previous experience in a faced paced PA or secretarial role
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, A-C including English and Maths
- Secretarial qualifications are highly desirable
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage a busy workload
- Focused on delivering excellent client service
Royds Withy King is a UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, personal injury and clinical negligence practices. It has the combined expertise of over 500 staff across offices in Bath, London, Oxford and Wiltshire and is a founding member of the international network of independent law firms, Interleges.
Royds Withy King uses its experience to put clients ahead of the curve and places client relationships at the heart of everything it does. Royds Withy King achieved eight top tier rankings in The Legal 500 2017 and 39 lawyers were ranked as 'Leaders in their Field’ in Chambers & Partners UK 2018, both leading guides to the law.
The firm is proud to be ranked for the last five years as a Sunday Times 100 Best Company to Work for. Royds Withy King also received a three star 'extraordinary’ accreditation from Best Companies in 2017 - one of just six UK law firms to have done so.