About the Client
This role is working for a major player in the events, team building and hospitality industry based in the Worcestershire. Our client, due to growth is looking for a Sales Executive with experience in the events industry.
This exciting position is perfect for individuals seeking a career in the events industry, who will assist the sales and marketing team and support in the planning and logistics of the event.
We are seeking someone who is a good all-rounder and happy not to be bound or limited by responsibilities set out in this job description. We are a small team therefore everyone in the team will be required to be flexible to turn their hand to whatever is needed with a positive 'Cando’ attitude to deliver a successful event.
Roles and Responsibilities
This role is split across three key areas;
Sales & Marketing
- Assist the sales team with enquires and ensure all leads are followed up in a professional manner.
- Identifying new clients and business opportunities.
- Managing the CRM system and keeping it up to date at all times.
- Update website and literature and marketing materials.
- Support the project managers and team on pre and post event tasks.
- Liaise with venues and provide health & safety documentation and room plans.
- Preparing event crew briefing packs and all pre-event literature.
- Booking staff, crew accommodation, parking and congestion charges.
- Monitoring & re-ordering stocks of event and office consumables.
- Provide on-site support at events as required
- Speaking to artistes to source quotes and marketing materials.
- Source venues using the client event management tool, manage all contracting and rate negotiations.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will possess a confident phone manner, with great administration skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office with the following credentials.
- Be of smart appearance and have a confident manner, with an engaging personality!
- A self-motivated, driven, results orientated, and can-do proactive attitude is required with the ability multi-task and prioritise your work.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Event experience would be advantageous, but not essential
- Salary will depend upon the abilities and experience of the person appointed with a basic salary in the range of £18,000 to £22,000 per annum.
- Regular training is provided on our newly created events, and progression within the company is dependent on both company & individual performance.
- This role is normally a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. However, we offer flexible working hours for the right candidate.
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays.