Commercial Data Analyst
Commercial Data Analyst | Nottingham | £25,000 - 30,000 + benefits
I am working with a globally recognised company that are based in Nottingham and have recently experienced a massive period of growth; currently boasting a turnover in excess of £100 million.
This challenging position will be ideal if you relish in translating business information to drive key commercial decisions. Working directly with the Managing Director and Finance Function, you will analyse large data-sets to identify opportunities for improvement and drive the bottom-line. This is an excellent opportunity for a data analyst to fast-track their career progression.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Work closely with the Finance and Executive team to deliver key sales and cost lines
- Support any Management Information projects
- Identify potential improvements and weakness areas to improve efficiencies
- Construct and present business cases and proposals to help the business to make calculated decisions
- Reconciliation and accuracy of management information
- Regularly review processes to improve accuracy and efficiency and drive a continuous improvement culture
- Business partner with various teams to improve efficiencies
- Support with the design of process templates and changes
- Analyse current trends in KPI's
- Ad-hoc projects, analysis and insight as required
What are the requirements?
- Advanced MS Excel skills, specifically vlookups, pivot tables etc. (VBA/SQL desirable)
- Exposure to any BI Tools (i.e. COGNOS, SAP etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills to assimilate, understand and provide insight on key pieces of MI
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast pace environment
- Well-organised and a clear communicator, with strong attention to detail
- Commercial acumen - being cost aware and seizing commercial opportunities
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to present information you have processed to stakeholders at all levels. You love to be in the detail and be proactive with your approach to work, identifying issues and quickly driving actions. Strong team player ethic is important, as well as a strong background with computer and Excel.
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then contact Michael today for a private and confidential conversation. Mobile: , email:
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.