Category Manager - FM
I am currently recruiting a Category Manager for a Leading business based in Hertfordshire.
I am currently recruiting a Category Manager for a leading business in Hertfordshire.
- Conduct category planning approaches to aid budgeting and forecasting process. Be financially & commercially aware of the precise position of projects within the portfolio to ensure the effective prioritisation of resources and tasks, and ultimately to deliver and exceed financial objectives to contribute to Yodel profitability.
- Constantly identify value and innovation opportunities and proactively drive these opportunities through the relevant areas of the business.
- Identify key areas of financial risk and supply vulnerability that exist within the portfolio to which the company is exposed and develop action plans by which they will be minimised.
- Work with key stakeholders and meet the business needs through use of category management tools and techniques and the strong leadership of a cross-functional team. Able to execute category management and delivery of financial benefit through strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Possess a highly competent and knowledgeable level of the supply markets and suppliers (incumbent and external) to maintain awareness of the macro environment to be able to respond fast, and execute changes to strategies in the event of significant changes. Ensure that existing supply sources are evaluated in terms of capability to meet short and long term requirements and where appropriate to identify and establish new supply sources.
- Internal relationship management across all levels of the business ensuring high internal customer satisfaction with Procurement organisation including frequent reviews and buy in of internal organisation to future plans.
- To build effective supplier relationships across the most strategic/critical suppliers within the portfolio to mitigate risk and drive value through use of SRM tools and techniques
- To optimise savings and value delivery - by sustaining high levels of innovation, driving continuing cost & value efficiencies, reducing risk through implementation of contractual rigour, improving sustainability, and facilitating the drive to improve the quality and reliability of the relevant Supply Chain.
- Head of Procurement
- Internal Customers
- External suppliers
- Substantial business experience, preferably from within a Services or Logistics sector, of which the majority should have been spent within a procurement discipline.
- Good working knowledge of relevant supply markets of many of the categories
- Good category management & supplier relationship management knowledge of tools and techniques and proven record of executing such strategies cross-functionally.
- Experience of leading and developing own or core project teams (strong project management).
- Good facilitator with strong relationship management skills.