Job Title: Tax Assistant
Hours: 2-3 days per week, flexible on days and hours
Due to the expansion, our client is looking for a Tax Assistant to join their team. You will be joining a dedicated team in an excellent working environment.
As Tax Assistant, you will be dealing with the compliance aspects of personal tax work including preparation of tax returns and computations, working with the tax manager, clients and involvement with tax planning and projects. This role provides a variety of work.
Other duties include:
- Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns and calculating tax liabilities
- Advising on general tax planning/business structure & incorporations
- Remuneration package planning
- Dealing with client, colleague and third party queries in a timely manner
- Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs
- Liaising with third party professionals including solicitors, other accountants and IFAs
- Control of work in progress and debtors
- Preparation of forms P11d and P11d (b)
- Small set of accounts
- Whilst no qualifications are needed, we are looking for individuals who want a career in tax and have relevant experience in a practice firm.
- You will require confidence in dealing with your colleagues, partners and clients alike and have the ability to use your own initiative and problem solve.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- You will have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- With this role the candidate needs to be motivated, committed and flexible with the ability to meet deadlines
- In order to manage your own work load, prioritisation and organisational skills are essential to ensure all deadlines are met
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good communication skills
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/