Head Of Administration
The Head of Administration position has a broad and challenging remit to get involved with a wide variety of aspects of a fast-growing financial services business splitting their time between working on administration tasks with the team and managing the administration team, preparation of management information and other monthly tasks as detailed below.
Roles and Responsibilities
Day to day and admin tasks
- Daily updating of a Master Sheet tracking all sales opportunitiesReview all leads sent into the office and distribute to the team for input into our bespoke CRM system
- Liaise with sales director daily to review adviser tasks and para planner workload to ensure optimal efficiency
- Daily management of admin team with oversight of their tasks and processes
- Managing clients over the phone to book appointments with financial advisers, chasing back documentation and dealing with non-advice queries and issues
- Maintain oversight of the IMFP Referral Programmes business and maintain a record of business due and payments to clients.
- Monthly production of Investment Confirmation communication sent to all clients invested in that month
- Booking appointments for clients with document signing agents
- Processing new client packs (scanning, uploading and inputting information into our CRM system)
- Sending Letters of Authority to clients’ and tracking returns
- Sending Letters of Authority to pension providers and chasing information from pension providers, processing information when received back in-house
- Recording, updating and managing all client details in our bespoke CRM system
- Creating client opportunities for pension reviews, transfer reviews and annual reviews
- Sending 6-monthly pension statements to clients
- On-going review of all sales process with Senior Management and implementation of any changes in regard to system process and office processes.
- Being the day to day person responsible for the smooth running of the two businesses.
- Management of ongoing relationship and provision of ongoing case updates and reconciliations to professional introducers
- Responsibility for planning all new IT projects and continued projects for the development our in-house CRM system with the developer
Reporting and analysis
- Weekly production of MI for senior management and MD to include details of all transfers processed, annual reviews, weekly stats for the sales team and analysis of progress on acquisition clients through the process
- Monthly review of opportunities that have been lost and analysis into why to see if improvements can be made
- Overseeing the monthly production of Annual Review packs and paperwork to allow the Advisers to book and complete review appointments.
Acquisitions of new client books
- Acquisition of new client books to include:
Initial due diligence of target client books with senior management and the MD to understand the service that they have been receiving from the selling party and that there are contractual relationships in place with the clients.
- Working with selling party to ensure smooth transition of clients through the process and ensuring that all records of the client are accurately recorded in presto.
- Liaise with the sales director to maintain accurate reporting of acquisition client statistics including current and new business
- Project managing and planning new projects to ensure that deadlines are met and that progress is made in line with the plans
- Attending board meetings.
- Working closely with the financial controller and MD to ensure that all businesses are hitting targets and that issues are quickly and efficiently dealt with
- Other Ad hoc tasks as required by senior management.
- Raising invoices for payment on QuickBooks with providers
- Pulling reports and reconciling incoming clients.
- Organising and adding invoices for payment
- Management of office to include; Equipment, computers, and systems
- Main liaison for building management and all typical business suppliers
- Main liaison for key b2b business partners including Lead providers, CRM supplier and SIPP/platform providers,
- Ad Hoc reporting for Compliance, Advisers and Director as requested.
- Initial office set up and subsequent training of any new staff members on CRM and sales processes.
- Continued training for staff members including conducting yearly appraisals.
- Providing project support to the management team, often involving assistance with ad-hoc administrative tasks
- Responsible for marketing mail outs (newsletters and investment commentary), ensure Mail chimp database is kept up to date and new clients added
- HR tasks such as on boarding and off boarding new recruits, offer letters and contracts and reference requests
- Organising and co-ordinating holidays for the team via an online system.
A financial services qualification is desirable but not essential
Minimum two years of pensions experience
Demonstrable experience of running a small team and a good team player
Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (spoken and written), including customer service
Experience with CRM systems and strong technology skills
Self-motivated, a self-starter with a good work ethic
Adaptable and receptive to feedback
Enthusiasm to grow with business in an ambitious company
Good financial and mathematical literacy
A starting salary of £35,000 with a monthly performance related bonus after completion of probation of up to £500 per month.