ACCOUNTANT - LINCOLN - upto £42.5K + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- This is an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified Accountant looking to develop their career in Accountancy. Working for a well established company in Lincoln. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller.
- Manage the month end and balance sheet process. Ensure the process is robust and efficient, and that balance sheet accounts are understood and balances are reconciled.
- Ensure the accuracy of management accounting information prior to review by the Group Financial Controller.
- Ensure strict reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Monthly consolidation of two operating units
- Assure timely submissions of monthly reports and associated commentaries.
- Act as the main finance lead within the accounts team on a day-to-day basis.
- Review and document business and accounting processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls, ensuring group policies are adhered to.
- Monitor and mentor the finance team.
- Production of Budgets and Forecasts; assist with annual budget and forecasting.
- Inventory; Review stock provisions. Review stock reports and be the finance lead during the physical stock counts.
- Asset Management; ensure annual physical verification of fixed assets and identify and record possible impairments. Monthly reconciliation of fixed asset balances.
- Provide absence cover for the Management Accountants
- Completion of quarterly VAT return.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Group Financial Controller.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA /ACA). At least five years’ experience working within an accounts department, with at least two years’ in a similar role.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in a similar role essential.
- Technically astute individual who is keen to learn in a high responsibility role.
- Comfortable working to demanding deadlines, with changing priorities.
- Strong communicator.
- High level of accuracy.
- Ability to lead and develop a small team.
- Ability to work independently with a take control attitude.
- Experience in developing and improving processes and controls.
- Advanced IT literacy with Microsoft products, including Office
KEY WORDS:- qualified accountant, accountancy roles in Lincoln. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, finance Manager, financial control